Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Start (Again)

Looking over my blog, I see that I haven't posted much but videos over the last several months. Recap: Phoenix and I broke up at Fair mid July; the day I got back to work after Fair, I was fired for missing a suicide check on a child before I left; I had to go through a bunch of red tape to get unemployment benefits, because my former employer was classified as an "educational institution" and it was "Summer Break" right then; said former employer appealed my unemployment benefits, and a Hearing was scheduled before a Judge; I won my Hearing and retained my benefits; all the while, Phoenix and I kept dating, even though we'd broken up; a week and change ago Phoenix and I hit our breaking points, and really, actually, ended it.

So here I am, starting out fresh again. My job hunt has been so far unsuccessful... I started playing in a weekly D&D campaign, so I've got something fun to do with a (mostly) new group of friends; Switch and "The Girlfriend" (that's what the DK boys are calling her these days, so I'll go with it here for pseudo-anonymity's sake) are playing too. I have a few dates, both planned and ambiguous, for over the next few weeks, so I guess I'm still a hot commodity, lol. Within one hour of changing my facebook status to Single, I had two separate requests, hehe. So, all in all, things are alright; they could be better, for sure, but they could be a whole lot worse. I've got a roof over my head that I have the means to continue paying for with my unemployment benefits, I've got a few items on my social calendar, and I'm getting a bit of attention from gentlemen callers (which is always nice for the ego, as well as simply having pleasant company to spend my time with). I haven't the slightest clue where any of the romantic-ish prospects might lead, but for now I'm just along for the ride. I hope the job hunt pans out soon before I run out of the med that I cannot afford to refill, but other than that, life is moving along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment