Monday, December 27, 2010

Post-Christmas Rundown

I spent my Christmas weekend out at my dad's house. His parents live in the same town now, and his brother's family was up to visit. I got to spend plenty of time with them over the few days I was up there. I baked cookies at my grandma's with one of my cousins; unlike the children I work with, she did not try to fling anything in the kitchen at my head, lol.
Before I left, I opened my presents from my mom and sister. My sister gave me a framed photo of her family, which is now on my livingroom bookcase with my other photos. My mom had already had me go out shopping for a new microwave:
I also got new frying pans and other kitchen gear from her. I got money from grandparents and my uncle and aunt; I'm setting it aside for a 3DS when it comes out in March. My dad is going to get me a new futon mattress for my bed; the futon place was closed this weekend, so we'll be picking it up on Thursday after work.

Late at night on Christmas, I spent a while chatting online with a friend of mine; apparently said friend is very interested in me, and I hadn't really noticed this on my own - it had to be pointed out quite bluntly. I'm not sure how I feel in return (I really hadn't thought much about him and I), but I certainly appreciate someone thinking I'm awesome. Hopefully he wasn't just yanking my chain (I'm kind of suspicious like that these days).

I had to come home a few hours earlier than I'd planned on. I was just getting too overwhelmed with all the family around. I kind of just needed to get home and chill out by myself. I felt myself getting grumpy, went upstairs and read for a little while, and when I came back down I was still on edge so I asked my dad if he could give me a ride back then. He was very understanding, and we left shortly after. That was yesterday afternoon, and I've been awake most of the night - I've had to play with my sleep cycle this weekend, staying up all day Thursday into the evening. I took a long nap last evening to accommodate shifting it back to night, but I'm pretty tired now. A little reading time, then I'm off to bed for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment