Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

This New Years was alright. I had plans to go out with a friend of mine, but ended up getting blown off (or at least that's what it seemed like at the time; I found out later that he was helping console a group of friends after a suicide). I went out to MVP to hang out with Switch and his girly. I had one rum drink and kinda just sat around depressed until midnight; then I drank 3 glasses of champagne in about 20 minutes and got really buzzed. I followed that up with two more rum drinks and another glass, and ended up dancing and laughing, and being totally drunk. There was a guy who came up to me and was telling me how I should get up and dance and have some fun (not being creepy, just being nice), but I said that no, I was too drunk and that I'd probably just fall over. I remember that he smelled like he'd been eating a candy cane, lol. The next song my friend grabbed my hand and tried to get me to dance for like the fourth time that night, and I finally gave in. I probably looked pretty silly, because I'm not much of a dancer and my balance was pretty poor by that point. The guy came back up to me at the end of the song and said something like, see, I told you you could! At the end of his set, Switch was just plain laughing at me because I was very clearly drunk, and I don't usually get that bad. The night turned out better than I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment