Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beach Adventure

Off on another weekend getaway. This weekend, I'm off at the beach with my buddy, who says that his blog name is Phoenix. For lack of anything else to use, I'll use his own nickname for himself. We took off yesterday morning. We headed for the coast, but stopped for a bit in Dallas, OR, to visit a friend of his from when he was a kiddo.
After that short detour, we headed for the coast. When we went to Cali and came back up 101, we left the coast and turned inland at Lincoln City, so this time around we headed there and took a walk on the beach. I got a pretty rock (but it fell out of my sweatshirt when I was sleeping). We grabbed some fast food and headed north. We got nearly to Tillamook, but stopped at a rest area to sleep (we'd both been awake all night). We played a little Mario World then went to sleep in the back of his car with the seats down.
We woke up a few hours ago, puttered around avoiding the cold outside of the blankets, then drove into Tillamook. He knew to look for hotels with WiFi for us to mooch, and thus my abolity to get online and post about things so far. Part 2 will probably come tomorrow or so. We're gonna play some Mario Party DS now, probably.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment