Monday, September 20, 2010

Adventure

The weekend was awesome. Thursday and Friday night, I went to some new friends' house to watch part of their 6-day long Tom Hanks movie marathon. It was a lot of fun; I'm making new friends and totally enjoying getting out of the house.
Speaking of getting out... Friday night, I left on a mini road trip to California. It was totally on the whim of a friend, who wanted to see Redwood trees for the first time. I was off the grid for a few days, and nobody seemed to notice. The trip was mostly spent driving and napping, but it was still a fun adventure!
Today is totally a Monday, though. Work was rough because we had a kid with a very short attention span up from 2:45 on... It's draining, and I was exhausted from the random sleep times of the trip, so I wasn't happy with the world. But by 8 when breakfast started, things had thoroughly mellowed out, and I was able to finish up paperwork and get out only a little late.
Now, I have a Caesar salad to eat and a small pile of TV to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment