Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hanson! Woohoo!

The Hanson concert rocked. Plain and simple.
Ok, you don't want plain and simple? It was the perfect way to end the summer. The two opening acts were good rock bands, and the Hanson set was mostly not off the new album (which I still haven't listened to). I sang along to most everything, scratched up my voice screaming, jumped around like a fool, and had a damn blast of a time (I also called a really creepy guy a douchebag to his face, and when telling the story of it my buddy was proud of me). Can't Stop, In The City, Thinking of You, and Been There Before were some of my favorites, but hits like Penny & Me and MmmBop also were great to see live.
After the show, I got one of the spare guitar picks that got thrown out to the crowd. (!!!) I also got a CD from both of the opening acts, and got them both autographed by several members of each band.



(Here's the encore of the Hanson concert; if you look closely when they pan away from Taylor at his piano into the crowd, I'm there - I was straight lined up with the piano for most of the concert (you can pick me out due to my glasses reflecting at 5:30 into the video; and at 13:14, after the show when Ike throws out those extra picks - yeah, I gots me one of 'em *huge grin*). "Crazy Beautiful" isn't a song I particularly like, but the second one they play, "If Only", is one of my FAVORITES!)


After the show, a buddy picked me up and we went to hang out with a bunch of friends at a bar and play Rock Band. I didn't actually play or sing (by the time I worked up the courage, it was time to end), but it was fun hanging out with friends on the last night of the summer.
I feel good about the start of autumn. The old troubles will continue to fall away like leaves, and I'll be able to start clean again. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and trying to be less analytical and more emotional in my processing. I've been trying to find the healthy balances in my life; I'm not there yet, to be sure, but I'm working it out. Balancing withdrawal and over-exuberance, timidity and cockyness, ego and id. I'm finding myself closer to center, and I think this fall will be a good time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment