Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trying to remember...

I'm trying to make a daily habit of posting here. Airing out my troubles seems to be helping to handle them. I'm still getting used to it, though. I'm not the best writer, so getting words on screen doesn't always flow naturally for me.
It's the last night of work before the weekend. I'm not sure what I'll be doing; plans for the camping trip fell through. I'll probably go out to watch DJ Switch tomorrow night if anyone else is likely to be our there. The couple times I've gone out there there's been a few folks I know there, and it's been fun. The only flaw is that it's a bar so I end up drinking, even though it's my relative morning. I'm not sure I want to make a weekly habit of going out there, but it has been fun so far.
A friend who I hadn't heard from in a few years tracked me down yesterday; we had a chat on the phone, and he told me about what's been going on in his life. He's stuck in a situation he doesn't like, and doesn't see a good way out of it. Apparently, he's been reminiscing about old times of ours lately. I'm not really sure how I feel about that.
In general, things are good. I'm keeping in control of myself and working towards getting better. I wish there were a way to speed up the process, but of course there isn't, it's just something that has to happen. I want to be happy without all this effort again, but the fact that I'm happy at all most of the time shows that whatever I'm doing, it seems to be helping. This combination of medications, emotional outlets, and socializing is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment